Website Ocorian Corporate Services (Mauritius) Ltd
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Department: Global Funds
Reporting to: Manager or Unit Head (or any other designated person)
Purpose of the Job
The Associate Manager – Global Funds will be responsible for the Service Delivery, and exceeding of it, to a portfolio of clients & client entities. The Associate Manager may also be responsible for the management of a team of staff who deliver the Administrative Services and/or Accounting Services component of this delivery to this portfolio of clients & client entities. The main areas of focus for the Associate Manager will be A) the pro-active Client Service Delivery Management of all services provided to each client making up the portfolio including the management of i) the day to day delivery of Administrative and Company Secretarial Services and/or Accounting Services provided to the client & client entities in strict adherence to Policies, Processes, Procedures and Controls (PPC), ii) the pro-active management of services delivered by internal sub-contractors e.g. Fund Administration or Fund Accounting or Compliance and iii) a first point of escalation for client issue resolution and B ) Assist the Manager/Unit Head with Team management and take ownership of certain processes and projects.
Fund Administration Responsibilities
– Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients.
– To set and manage the deadlines of the portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined for each client.
– Ensure overall quality of client deliverables (e.g. resolutions, minutes) are up to required standards at all times.
– Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations.
– Liaise with Accounting teams to determine and prioritize client deadlines.
– Liaise with the Accounting teams to ensure that financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns are filed within deadlines.
– Review the work of, provide guidance and constructive feedback to other junior team members.
– Liaise with Accounting teams to ensure completion of the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
– Communicate effectively with the team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing.
– Monitor and control the workload of the team.
– Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to.
– Be aware of risk exposure and promptly escalate issues arising to other members of the Management team.
– Assist the manager/ Unit Head in various aspects of team management, including involvement in the annual staff appraisal process as appropriate, holiday management, and personal and professional development of team members.
– Act as the main point of contact with key client personnel.
Ensuring world-class client service delivery
– Responsibility for the accuracy, excellence of service and the timeliness of all fund services delivery within the Global Funds portfolio specifically regarding to the provision of Administrative Services but also including Client Directorships and/or Fund Accounting (as applicable);
– Build a strong service delivery relationship with each client and ensure that adequate staff members are always available to handle client matters and ensure the excellence of client service delivery;
– With the Manager/Unit Head, hold regular (weekly) business / client service meetings with the client around a set agenda;
– Act as a first point of escalation to resolve client service issues and problems;
– Ensuring on-going understanding of the clients and their activities.
– Ensure efficient completion and guidance on Administrative Services (including Company Secretarial matters, board meetings and resolutions, and administration) for a portfolio of active clients.
Maximizing Financial Performance
– For each client ensure that job cards are produced and updated at least annually e.g. for Administration, Director Services, and Fund Accounting;
– Ensure time booked to clients is in accordance with approved job cards;
– Ensure, in conjunction with the Manager/ Unit head, that all out of scope work is priced and agreed in writing by the client before any work commences;
– Ensure that the job fee set-up for each client is completed accurately and maintained in ‘real time’ to ensure that all in scope and out of scope work is billed and recoverable;
– Ensure that the billing and invoicing takes place for all clients in the portfolio is as per defined client billing timelines and in accordance with the Billing and Invoicing PPC;
– Ensure that WIP/debtors are recovered within the defined timeframes and the debt management PPC is adhered to; and
– Ensure weekly and monthly review and sign-off of timesheets.
Enhancing Operational Excellence
– Manage risk exposure by ensuring that all client and company related PPC are followed at all times;
– Ensure that all compliance procedures as per the regulatory framework in Mauritius are followed at all times;
– Ensure that tasks are completed within the set deadlines and in accordance with time lines agreed with the client;
– Ensure that staff members follow the PPC that are in place for time booking and time management;
– Ensure that job cards set for each client are strictly adhered to and any out of scope work is approved in advance of any work commencing with the client;
– Ensure that all statutory filings are completed within statutory deadlines;
– Ensure that all client files are kept up-to-date;
– Ensure the timely update, accuracy and completeness of client information on IT systems; and
– Take an active role in projects within the organisation to enhance the client delivery and efficiency of processes.
Growing the Business
– Assist the Manager /Unit Head to identify opportunities and propose new structures/services to existing clients;
– Foster excellent relationships with clients with a view to upselling additional services or structures to the client; and
– Communicate effectively to the client with a view to be able to explain inflation/increase in fees.
People and Culture
– Act as a leader to motivate staff members and ensure they are fully engaged in their work;
– Train and impart knowledge to staff members on all tasks and processes;
– Carry out a performance appraisal and monitoring and provide feedback to staff members as and when required; and
– Live the values of the company and ensure that staff member.
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
– Coordinates daily activities of the team
– that the billing and invoicing take place for all clients in the portfolio is as per defined client billing timelines and in accordance with the Billing and Invoicing PPC
– that WIP/debtors are recovered within the defined timeframes and the debt management PPC is adhered to
– that timesheets are correctly completed and in time by the team.
– ICSA, ACCA or ICAEW qualified (or in the way of completion) or a University degree in Administration, Law and Management or any other relevant field, or any professional qualification related to the Global or financial sector.
– At least 6 years of working experience in corporate/alternative investment / private client services;
– Proven experience in the regulatory framework in the global business sector in Mauritius or elsewhere;
– Proven experience in managing a portfolio of corporate/alternative investment / private client entities;
– Proven experience in revenue and debtor’s management on client entities;
– Ideally At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in the co-management of a team of staff in the global business / financial services industry in Mauritius or elsewhere;
– Strong IT skills; and
– Strong time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
– Ability to grow the business by using commercial awareness and relationship building;
– Ability to effectively manage and motivate staff;
– Ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff members are all levels;
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
– Ability to take ownership and responsibility for his/her actions; and
– Ability to work independently and autonomously whilst being accountable for deliverable.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.