The Operations and Risk Manager is responsible for seamless running of the company operations, systems and IT infrastructure. This role will need to develop, review and implement operational procedures and controls. This role will also lead the risk management function at the Company level, working with the global risk team. This role is pivotal in driving operational and business excellence.
- Operations and workflow: Lead operations and workflow to ensure highest quality of deliverables.
- CRM system and Trading Platform: Master the use of the Company’s CRM systems and trading platform for client book monitoring.
- Reports: Liaise with cross-functional team to produce trading exposure reports and other trade related reports.
- Vendor management: Liaise with the management company and local vendors regarding operational matters.
- IT infrastructure: Responsible for maintaining and improving the local IT infrastructure, and promptly liaise with the IT team to resolve any issue encountered to ensure business continuity.
- BCM/DR: Implement health and safety rules and responsible for the Business Continuity Management/ Disaster recovery plan.
- Risk Management: Plan, design, and implement the risk management tools, process, and framework of the Company.
- Risk monitoring: On-going identification, assessment, and monitoring of risks.
- Risk reporting: Prepare and present Risk reports to the Compliance and Risk Committee and/ or the regulator if required.
- Prudential measures: Design and implement prudential measures in-line with regulatory requirements/ recommendations.
- Capital and liquidity monitoring: Closely monitor compliance with Capital and liquidity requirements to avoid any breach.
- Trading risk: Liaise with the dealing team to monitor the trading book risk and implement defined risk parameters where required.
- DMLRO role: Act as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer of the Company (this role is subject to the FSC approval).
- Transaction monitoring: Monitor the client transactions and trading activities/patterns to identify any potential abusive practices and suspicious transaction.
- Policies and procedures: Implement and regularly review the relevant policy and procedures, working in close collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
- Assist the Country Head/Director in any other cognate duties.
- University degree in Risk, Finance, Law or any other field/suitable qualification.
- +5 years of proven relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience working in operation and risk management roles in the financial services industry (preferably FX/CFD industry) is a plus.
- Previous experience as DMLRO/MLRO is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the AML/CFT framework in Mauritius.
- Good understanding of financial instruments and markets (FX and CFDs products mainly).
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements with regards to the risk function.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, trading system such as Metatrader, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English is a must).
- Ability to collaborate and work with cross-functional and global teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills both qualitative and quantitative, and detail oriented with a critical thinking approach.
- Proactive approach towards problem-solving, multi-tasking, adaptability to changing scenarios, and the drive to achieve and exceed expectations.
Salary and conditions of employment will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you want to join a young, dynamic, and highly motivated team, send your Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter to [email protected].
Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview. The Company reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org