Website Ocorian Corporate Services (Mauritius) Ltd
Ocorian is launching through Mauritius Finance a training programme for HSC holders, graduates and ACCA partly qualified Accountants in the field of Fund Administration / Accounting in collaboration with Human Resources Development Council (HRDC) under the National Training and Reskilling Scheme (NTRS).
The trainees will receive on-the-job work experience at Ocorian and will undergo the following training courses:
(a) Introduction to MIFC and AML Professional Assessment and
b) Certificate in Fund Administration and Accounting
Purpose of the Job
- Provide accounting support to a portfolio of client entities under the supervision of the Officer, Senior Officer and / or Manager and in strict adherence to the policies and procedures of the company.
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Execute the Fund Accounting processes whilst ensuring an optimal level of efficiency at all times;
- Assist the team in providing world-class services to Ocorian’s clients by adhering to set Fund Accounting processes in line with internal and regulatory policies and procedures;
- Provide support to the Officer/Senior Officer/Manager, Alternative Investments in the preparation of accounting schedules, files and financial statements;
- Perform bank and any other reconciliations;
- Prepare VAT and TDS returns for clients;
- File financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns within deadlines;
- Assist the team to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables; and
- To assist the Office/Senior Officer and/or Manager by providing daily support as requested.
- Educated to A level or equivalent;
- Completed first degree in a relevant field or ACCA Level 1 or any professional qualification related to the Global or financial sector.
- Ideally have a minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience (including internships)
Knowledge, skills, and experience
- Ability to learn any IT Systems related to the job.
- At ease with the use of technology necessary for conducting board meetings.
- Able to use independently the internal booking facilities when organizing meetings.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Intermediate level).
- Performance & Execution.
- Interpersonal Relationship.
- Problem Solving & Analysis.
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks.
- Learning & Researching.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS – We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff – wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE – Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE – We take the time to understand our clients’ needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.