Link to register: https://shorturl.at/fHMY8
Mauritius Finance in collaboration with The International Fiscal Association (Mauritius Branch) & ACCA Mauritius is pleased to invite you to the 14th Asia/Africa IFA Conference themed ‘Emerging trends in International Taxation.’
📅 Date: Friday, 15 September 2023
⏰ Time: 8h30 to 17h45
📍 Venue: Hennessy Park Hotel
The international conference will bring together more than 150 leading professionals, finance executive from the industry and senior Mauritius Tax Officials.
Pricing (MQA Approved)
- IFA/MF/ACCA Member: MUR 15,000
- Non-Member: MUR 20,000
Unity in Partnership: Enabling Sustainable & Inclusive Investment,” the carefully selected theme for the Africa Partnership Conference, encapsulates our firm conviction in the transformative power of collective action.
This theme resonates with the conference’s objective to catalyze cross-boundary collaboration and harmonious interactions among a diverse array of stakeholders.
To Register: apcmauritius.com
‘A decade of transformation’
The EAVCA 2023 Annual Private Conference celebrates the private capital industry’s journey over the past decade, highlighting the formation and growth of the private capital landscape in East Africa, while daring to peer into the industry’s future through engaging conversations and plenary sessions.
Happening in Nairobi on Thursday 14, September 2023, the conference presents an exceptional opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge about the latest developments that are shaping investment flows into East Africa and offers a unique platform for attendees to engage with LPs, esteemed business leaders, and industry experts.
MF Members are entitled to a 10% discount.
For more information, please click here
Guidelines for Mauritius Finance National School Competition
- The National School Competition is open to Grade 12 students of all Public, Private and Fee-Paying secondary schools.
- Interested parties should delegate only 1 team consisting of 5 students to participate in the competition.
- Confirmation of interest to participate should be sent to [email protected] by latest 2nd July 2023 with details of a contact person (representative of the team).
- The video should be of a maximum length of 5 minutes and in MP4 format.
- Videos depict the theme – Employment in the financial services: Opportunities and Challenges for the youth.
- An outreach session will be held on Thursday 3 August from 11h00 to 12h30 at the Conference Hall of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Tower in Ebene for a presentation on the school competition and other questions related to participation.
- The video will be assessed based on its content, creativity, production, and educational value.
- All videos will be assessed on 60 % jury vote and 40% public vote on Mauritius Finance platform.
- The closing date for the video submission is 18 August 2023.
- Videos should be submitted to [email protected]
- The winning team will be awarded a cash prize of MUR 125,000 while the runner up teams will be awarded MUR 75,000 and MUR 50,000 respectively.
- For any clarification, contact Mauritius Finance on 464 8409.
Mauritius Finance brought together more than a hundred of its members on Wednesday 7 June to analyse the Minister of Finance’s budget measures and assess their impact on the financial services sector. A panel of experts including Anthony Leung Shing, Country Senior Partner at PwC; Samade Jhummun, CEO of MF; Dhanesswurnath Thakoor, CEO of the Financial Services Commission(FSC); Faisal Oozeerally, Director – Large Taxpayers and International Taxation at the Mauritius Revenue Authority(MRA) commented on the announcements – ranging from taxation to opening up the economy to foreign talent and promoting the Mauritius International Financial Centre (MIFC) in our target markets. The debate was moderated by Shamima Mallam-Hassam, Chairperson of MF.
We are offering the newly launched ICA Certificate in Managing Sanctions Risk which covers the following topics:
- Understanding Sanctions
- The International Context
- Defining a Sanctions Governance Framework
- Sanctions Lists and Screening
Link to register: https://bit.ly/3KSUjlf
We are pleased to launch the Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) programme dispensed by the ICC Academy, specifically designed for experienced trade finance practitioners to offer up-to-the-minute training and certification on key trade finance products, techniques and compliance issues.
Participation Fee per Module (MQA approved)
- MF Member – MUR 8,000
- Non- Member – MUR 9,000
Upon completion of 5 core and 4 elective modules, participants will be eligible to take the exams leading to the CTFP Certification. The exams fee will be covered by Mauritius Finance.
CTFP Certificate (5 core and 4 elective)
- MF Member -MUR 65,000
- Non-Member – MUR 75,000
Link to register: https://bit.ly/40Qf4U5
At the annual general meeting of Mauritius Finance, held on 21 March 2023, the members of the association elected a new board of directors and chose Shamima Mallam-Hassam as its president. She will be supported by Sangeetha Ramkelawon, who has been appointed vice president of the association.Communique New Mauritius Finance Board